Sunday, November 7, 2010

a picture of you last year and now, how have you changed since then?

This isn't a year ago. I don't have an organized collection of pictures, so instead of figuring out a specific picture, I just picked an old one. So this is me in '05.

And this is me in the last couple months. My eyes aren't always that evil, and I don't always have an unquenchable thirst for Gatorade, but other than that, this is normal me.

Since last year, I've had some growing up experiences. Even though you make a decision once, when the question arises again, you have to decide whether you will go one way or the other. And over the last year, I've made some of those decisions yet again. I came to the conclusion that it's good to know and be known by the people I get to do life with. I've learned that despite my wandering and tendency to make mistakes, I'm always only one step away from communion with God. And although I will continue to stumble, I've decided that I will be the kind of person who strives for more.

I've also come to a better understanding of how blessed I am. I see how I fit into my family better, and how they fill in the gaps of who I am. I've decided the next step for my life is to go back to school. I've also learned that, sometimes, instead of waiting for an opportunity, you make one. It's been a good year.

No comments: