Wednesday, November 3, 2010

more to say when you can't sleep

Only until later on tonight did I arrive at the point where today seemed a little productive. Most of the day I sat in front of my computer screen trying to organize thoughts and material on Church History, and yet for most of the day, I had nothing to show for it. But because it was Wednesday, I got to sit in on a class, and tonight's topic was the Theology of God. So I listened to ideas that I had heard before about what we know about God and what we know, but can't explain, about God. It was a valuable time for me to reflect on the evolution of my knowledge of, and faith in, God.

How has he maintained while I've done nothing but wander and change?

His faithfulness is constant and pure.

His patience with me is undeniable.

And as I get back into Church History during the wee hours of this morning, I see God's faithfulness and patience exhibited on a global and eternal scale. It's very reassuring to understand this, even though I can't fully understand it.

No comments: